||TV-L EG 13
For the Institute of Psychology and Education, Department of Applied Emotion and Motivation Psychology we are looking for an
Academic employee (m/f/d)
Ulm University with its more than 10,000 students offers varied professional tasks in a highly innovative research, teaching and work environment, at the same time facilitating the reconciliation of work and family in many ways.
We seek to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching and particularly encourages qualified female scientists to apply for this position.
Severely disabled applicants with equal aptitude will be given preferential
The position is assigned to the research domain of “Language and Emotion / Physical activity, exercise and well-being” under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Cornelia Herbert. Methodologically, the focus is centered on the investigation of the neurophysiological, biobehaviorial and psychophysiological correlates of human emotion, language, cognition and behavior in experimental paradigms. The research methods include but are not restricted to electrophysiological (EEG) and peripheral-physiological methods and functional near infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS). The department is equipped with three labs, Brain-Lab, Sports-Physio-Lab and a Mobile-Sense Lab. In teaching, the job profile provides for participation in courses in the bachelor- and master programs in Psychology and the Master program in Cognitive Systems to the extent of 2 SWS and expects supervision of bachelor and master students.
- excellent university degree (M.Sc. or equivalent) in Psychology or a related discipline (e.g. Cognitive Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, Neuroinformatics)
- strong interest and skills in Emotion Psychology and Cognitive Psychology
- interest and basic skills in technical aspects related to Computer Science, Engineering, AI (Artificial Intelligence) and data modelling/computing
- excellent knowledge of experimental methods as well as knowledge and willingness to learn, use and apply cognitive and neuroscientific methods (e.g. electroencephalography (EEG), functional near infrared spectroscopy (fNIRS), peripheral physiology)
- experience and willingness to program (e.g. Presentation, PsychoPy, Matlab, Phyton, R)
- excellent English writing and communication skills
- motivation to work in an interdisciplinary and international team and willingness to apply and work on a doctoral degree (PhD)
organisation, planning and conductance of research and of experimental studies (including programming, data collection, data analysis) in the above research areas
taking over laboratory experimental activities and thematic development of research methods
presentation of the research results at scientific conferences and participation in the publication of the study results in scientific journals
- cooperation in an interdisciplinary and international team
- motivation for own scientific further qualification (conception, execution and evaluation of scientific studies) in the context of the doctorate
- commitment to teaching to the extent of 2 SWS
- support of bachelor- and master students
Seize the opportunity and join us in shaping the future of the University!
Hiring is done by the Central University Administration.
Your contact for further information:
Prof. Dr. Cornelia Herbert, phone +49 731 50-32850
We look forward to your application via our online application portal.